Sunday, April 05, 2015

There's Hope Smiling Brightly Before Us

One of my favorite parts of General Conference Weekend is the second session on Saturday. I love hearing the names of the leaders of our church being listed. I love being able to raise my hand to the square and sustain the The First Presidency and 12 Apostles as prophets, seers, and revelators. I love these men and am grateful for the sacrifices that they and their families have made in order to provide us with a leader who directly communes with Heavenly Father.

How lucky are we to be able to have a man to lead and guide us. Apart from the apostasy, there has always been a prophet on the Earth. Can you imagine a world where we had absolutely no guidance? No one to warn us or teach us? I have complete faith that our prophet directly communicates with our Heavenly Father. Our Prophet and Apostles speak the words to us that Heavenly Father would be speaking to us if He was on the Earth. How awesome is that?? He is a direct link to our Heavenly Father.

Sustain: to strengthen or support; I have such faith that our Prophet Thomas S. Monson has been called of God. I am grateful for the sacrifices that he has made in order to serve the Lord and us with all his might. I am grateful for President Monson's unfaltering testimony in our Savior Jesus Christ, and for the way that it has strengthened mine. I am so grateful that we have a leader to look to in times of trouble. I know that when times get tough the Prophet's words will guide us. I know that times are going to get tough... really tough, but because of him there is "hope smiling brightly before us." We have no reason to fear the future if we follow the words of our Prophets. I know without a doubt in my mind that the prophets are called of God for our sake. I love Thomas S. Monson and I support and sustain him with everything in me.

 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.
   
     Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment