Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Love Confession

Dear Netflix,
It seems like we have known each other for a while now, but just recently our relationship has really started to blossom. I remember the first time we started getting to know each other. It was a warm September day. There was a lovely smell of fresh cut grass, and you could hear the songs of the birds being sung in the distance. I had just gotten home to my apartment after an extensive, and draining day of attending classes at Utah Valley University. I had no homework, and absolutely nowhere to be. That’s when the thought of your diverting humor, and comforting voice had crossed my mind.
The first time we were acquainted was at my parent’s house a few years ago. We had politely, and subtly introduced ourselves with a small conversation, however you did most of the talking. I was intrigued with your bright colors that shined down on my face, and with the way that you could capture my attention with just a little bit of drama. Our conversation didn't last long, maybe a minute or so, but I knew as soon as that short minute was over, you were different from all of the other television programs… you were special.
I had a hard time getting you off of my mind since that astounding day at my parent’s house. I found you creeping into my thoughts slowly, and quietly.  I couldn't focus on anything. The droning lectures of my professors became almost painful, the silence in my bedroom while doing homework was mind-numbing, the late night chats I had with my friends and roommates became uninteresting, even sleep became insignificant. All I could think about was the way that you could hold me like no other person could, and the way that you could make me forget all the trials and troubles in life. You kept calling my name, but I was too scared to start a relationship with you. I had heard other people talk about you… They said you were poisonous, but a good kind. They said that you were dangerous, yet captivating and satisfying. I wanted you so bad.
On that warm September day, I gave my heart to you. I forgot about all the warnings I had received from other peers, and I gave into your seductive temptations. I gave everything I had to you, my time, and my grades, my relationships with others, my church attendance, and my personal cleanliness. I got stuck on your love for a whole 3 months, and because of you, I failed 2 classes. It took a real shake from my college professors, and my parents to make me realize at that time you weren't any good for me. I had to break things off. It was a devastating break up. You were my heroine, and I was having withdrawals from you.
About 5 months ago, I slowly started letting your temptations back into my life again. I married my husband in July, and I knew now I was stronger. I knew that I could handle the way that you would allure me into hours of drama after drama. I had another companion that could support me through your temptations. I can honestly say we have a healthy relationship. I’m grateful for you now, and the way you can make time go faster when my husband is not around. I’m grateful for the times that you pull my husband and I closer as we get stuck on your addicting shows. I love you Netflix. Please don’t ever leave me, and please don’t ever betray me.
 
          Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment